Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Have I Found You?

In one of my favorite movies, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Scarlett Johansson's character says: "I just have to come face to face with the fact that I am not gifted... I can appreciate art and I love music, but it's sad, really, because I feel like I have a lot to express and I am not gifted."
That's how I've always felt.
Until yesterday, when I stumbled upon this book:


I've always been into fashion growing up and knew I wanted a career in it. I didn't know what I wanted to do exactly, except that I wanted to open my own boutique.
Most people have tried convincing me to get into fashion design [ie: my mother and my high school art teacher], but I've never been too confident in my illustration skills. When I'd attempt to transfer my vision onto paper, it was as if things would get lost in translation. So I figured I'd just stick to the business side of things, but that idea didn't sit too well with me.


Shopping around, I'm always attracted to hand printed items, but have found the ones that I like to be on the pricier side and I've always thought "I can make this myself". Of course, I never knew how to even begin to go about it, but now I can finally learn. A plus to hand printing is that you're not just limited to canvas or a shirt. You can apply it to photographs, stationery, bags, the list goes on.

I think I just may have found my design niche. Now, I just need to go out and get supplies!

XO
Christle Nadine 

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate... I feel sometimes like I am ALMOST good at writing, or styling or decorating or whatever... which has lead me to have zillions of hobbies and half-done projects. I can't wait to see what you turn out!!

    ReplyDelete